Monday, November 23, 2009

Now there’s something you don’t hear every day…

I have spent the past couple of days decorating a Christmas tree with a couple of fun girlfriends. The tree is part of the Providence St. Peter Foundation’s Christmas Forest. Each year, volunteer designers put together a roomful of trees which are viewed by the public for about a week, then are auctioned off at a gala dinner event. Designing and putting the tree together is such fun!

This year while decorating, my team (Leanne and Ellen) and I noticed several great snippets of conversation that made us giggle. They really are things that a person doesn’t hear every day. For example:

“Oh, there’s another box of Eiffel Towers!”

“I still have a Blue-Footed Boobie.”

“We were going to do the urologist tree.”

“It’s beautiful when you squint your eyes!”

I’m voting for the one with the giraffe!

Priceless quotes. It’s probably a good thing that some of these aren’t heard every day!

Okay, for those of you who are interested in such things, you’ll be fascinated to know that I am doing this blog post with the assistance of Windows Live Writer. I’m trying this first without pictures. If all is a go, I’ll try it with pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment