Monday, December 21, 2009

My Amazing Husband

So Jack takes a listen to the new music on my blog and tells me how much he loves the Rutter Blow Blow Thou Winter Wind. I knew he would like it because he had programmed it for his groups several times when he was teaching high school choir. And he loves Rutter. Who doesn't? I was pretty happy with myself that I chose something he would like so well.

Then as he takes a closer listen, he realizes it's a REHEARSAL recording for the tenor part! He had me listen and by-gum, he was right! Listen yourself and after the women sing the first few bars and the men come in, the piano is BANGING out the tenor part. He said there are web sites where you can listen to recordings of choral music with each part played out separately. Soprano, alto, bass, and on this one, tenor. That is one smart man, my husband with the good choral ear!





Now, stay here at this blog for another minute, and you can hear the piano part I'm talking about. Wonder why playlist.com uses a rehearsal practice recording for their web site. Oh well. You still get the essence of the piece.

I guess coming to my blog is now a good way to learn the tenor part to a beautiful piece of choral repertoire. Maybe one day we can all get together and sing it. Just the tenor part.

4 comments:

  1. I am a lucky man to be married to such an incredible woman - I love you Brenda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've known for a long time that Jack was amazing ... but now I know why! The rest of the story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, so I finally found you again! I have been running behind in a multitude of ways, and my little update thing-a-ma-jig on my blog never showed a new post for you! Ah...feels like home again. All's right in my world now that I can stay in touch with you once again...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that you mention it, once we listened closer we could hear the tenor part! How fun. Yes, you do have an amazing husband and you aren't so bad yourself. I really enjoy your blog and now the music as well. Thanks for being adventurous on learning new things. Can't wait to spend time with you all.

    Ellen

    ReplyDelete