1. to blog more frequently, and
2. to improve my 5K time to something under 35 minutes
Neither may seem like a big deal, but both require me taking time out for myself to work on the goal. So, maybe the resolution should really read, "Take time out to do some things for myself." Nah, I like the first way better. Sounds less selfish and more ambitious!
New Year's Eve quickly caught up to us and as has become tradition, the Carlsons came over to help us greet the new year. For dinner we had hamburgers and baked beans. It tasted so good to me, like a little blast of summer time! All that was missing was the watermelon and flip-flops. Oh, and sunshine.
Now, Amanda has requested that I complete the 20 questions about 2009 that have been popping up here and there on some other blogs, so here it goes!
1. What did you do in 2009 that you had never done before?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Thank goodness no, but we did loose a cat, Dixie. After we were sure of her not returning, we got Lewis/The Senator/Bob. (see above answer if you have cheated and skipped to this question because you won't know what I'm talking about)
5. What places have you visited?
9. Did you suffer any injuries or illness in 2009?
Nope. Just sick from Thanksgiving through Christmas. Bummer, but temporary.
10. What was the best thing you bought?
Does re-financing the house count? Other than that, I would say my red couch. Love the red couch. Did I buy that in 2009? Well, if not, let's just say I did.
11. Where did most of your money go?
Mortgage. Hands down, the mortgage. Taxes run a close second.
Our home last winter in 13" of snow
12. What song will remind you of 2009?
Any song by The Lads. They played at Summer Hummer and their songs ran through our heads all summer. What fun!
13. What do you wish you could have done more of?
Individual time with Jack and each of the kids. I should add that to the resolutions list.
14. What do you wish you could have done less of?
Less eating. At Christmas. That, and laying in bed, waiting to fall asleep.