1. Ice cream vs chips. Ice cream, always. With nuts. Take them off of Kaisha's ice-cream and put them on mine.
I used to have this album!
9. I love steamer clams. Love. Them. With butter.
10. When I was about 5, I stepped on the end of a rake, causing the handle to come up and hit me square in the forehead (kind of like in a Road Runner cartoon). Standing in the yard crying, my parents rushed over to see what was wrong when I cried out, "BRETT HIT ME ON THE HEAD WITH THE RAKE!" I remember something about him being sent to his room after the wild accusation flew out of my mouth... Sorry Brett!
16. There was a point in time when I wondered how it was that I came to be older than Marcia Brady. She was always the older high school girl on TV. One day, she was much younger than me. Weird.
17. I have slept in my driveway. In the sunshine. If I believed in past-lives, I would think I had been a cat at some point in time.
18. I have always wanted to see a baby being born when I wasn't the one doing the pushing. I was invited to my niece Alissa's birth, but the labor went too fast and they were just lucky she wasn't born in the car. Hmmmmm, she's a fast swimmer too. Wondering if the two are connected...
19. Love being woken up by a kiss on the cheek from Jack (the morning person in our marriage). The love deepens when I also smell coffee that he has brewed.
20. "It is Well With My Soul" is likely my favorite hymn. Jack sang it at the funeral of a former student (at her request before she died). Between that and the story of the circumstances of how it was written, it tugs at my heart whenever I hear it. Look it up if you don't know the story.
21. And while we're on the topic of Jack's voice... I love to listen to him sing. I used to dream that I had lost my voice and when it came back I could sing as well as him. Sigh- it was only a dream.
22. I once sat through 3 consecutive showings of Disney's Fantasia at the Mt. Baker Theatre in Bellingham with Mike Hagan. Seems to me that we only paid once.
23. I like to think about what kind of cute and zippy car I will get when the days of needing a van are over.