Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Cameras and Clubbers

Tonight was AWANA. It's that event that comes in the middle of each and every week where beforehand I try to present a cheery face to the kids about going. Really, by Wednesday night, I just want to eat dinner, get the kitchen cleaned up, and sit down for a bit.  And probably watch some dumb TV show. However,  it's also that event that comes in the middle of each and every week where once I'm there, I LOVE IT! Do you know what I mean?

Anyhow, tonight  I was tipped off by Thomas's leader (the amazing Mr. Quentin) that Thomas would receive  the prestigeous award of "3rd GRADE BOYS CLUBBER OF THE MONTH". And, he wanted to know, did I have a camera ready?

Yes. And no. I had a camera in my phone, but it takes THE WORST pictures. I really mean it. The. Worst. Here's the proof:



I clicked the stupid phone camera a good 2 seconds before this image. All I got was this delayed reaction to Thomas receiving his award. It was a gigantic pixi stick AND I MISSED IT. Lordy. I wanted to see him receiving said pixi stick and shaking Mr. Hallman's hand and smiling widely with pride. It wasn't meant to be. If it was "Three Word Thursday" I think I'd use this with Phone Cameras Suck as the title. The green AWANA shirt looks teal blue, the award is a blur and Thomas's face looks like that face you try to see when you look at the moon on a clear night.

After laughing a bit at myself and the really horrible picture I got of the exciting moment, the Blessed Nora Fuller exclaims, "Why, I have my camera, right here in my purse!" and she proceeds to whip out the cuttest little camera you ever did see and snaps pictures RIGHT THERE like it's no big deal. Wow. I guess that's what happens when you've raised your children and become a grandparent. You are always prepared with a good camera that fits in your purse.

Lookie...

Me and my proud Thomas. Oh, and the Pixi Stick.

Nick and Thomas... buddies who received the same award on the same evening. They even got the same awesome reward of a Pixi Stick. Does life get any better?

What do you think? Do you have a phone with a camera that actually takes decent pictures indoors? I get a new phone this summer, so tell me about yours!

2 comments:

  1. Brenda, oh my gosh, this was one of my happy moments when Layton and Brayden got clubber of the month at AWANA. A very proud moment and I'm glad you got a picture of it on your phone. This is a big deal, congrats to Thomas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Brenda, I have the Droid X. It has an 8 mega pixel camera(that's the important stuff) camera. That's bigger than some cameras that don't make calls! Ask me before board and I would be happy to let you mess around with it. Darrelyn

    ReplyDelete